View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #5
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I have owned 5 Mustangs. 3 GTs (2007, 2008 and 2013), Turbo 4 (2017) and a V6 ( 2014 my Son's Car).

I have always been a Trans Am guy but I owned Vettes, GTO and Mustangs. The TA just never came at the right time. I was not really ever for or against Camaro they canceled it in 2002 so I bought the GTO in 2004. Fast forward to 2016 on the Gen6. I loved them. I wanted a Hyper Blue Vert but the dealers were not moving on the pricing, so I went over to Ford. They gave me a great deal on the 2017 Turbo 4 Vert. So I got it. I still wanted the Camaro but I wanted a peppy convertible to cruise around with the top down.

About a couple months into owning the car and a few hundred miles on the clock, when putting the top down (for the 100th time) I heard a POP and click. So I looked and what happened was a trim piece on the top was missing, a piece that covers the metal framing (for lack of better explanation), and the way the Mustang top works it kind of folds in and around then down. Well the exposed metal caught the top on the inside and ripped it. I called Ford and took it to the dealer. At which time they claimed it was ABUSE! I will not get into the story any further other than they refused to fix it.

FF to Maybe December 2019 I started looking for Camaro again. Well at the time we were planning a trip to Clearwater for Vacation and I saw a Riverside Blue vert on Raiti's Rides on Youtube (Plug for Joe, great guy). My wife said lets ditch this Ford and get it.

So I ditched the Ford and I am now in the Blue Camaro I wanted.

The story is actually a bit longer but my laziness is overwhelming and I am done typing.

EDIT: I will add when I talked to Ford Corporate, I pleaded with them no not do me like this, I said I have owned 5 Mustangs do not do this to me. The guy was a total jackass (and some more words we will leave out). I know everyone "has that story" with a car company but I will never buy another Ford after that.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote