View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #12
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
I am sure someone somewhere did the math. This affected all 6.2L V8's so we are talking C8's, Camaro's, trucks, etc. So we are talking a lot of vehicles.

The only good news seems to be most failures happen below 500 or so miles, so you should know soon if you got a bad valve spring.

GM has a history of hedging their bets, it will just suck if this happens to someone and the result is an accident or some other dangerous situation.
I really don't care what the math is. The bottom line is that they KNOW it's an issue and should take care of it BEFORE it happens. I don't give a damn about their math or how many vehicles it may impact. I'd be severely pissed if I paid for a brand new vehicle and had this issue knowing that they knew about it and rolled the dice with MY money. And, I don't want to hear that's what the warranty is for. The warranty is for unforeseen issues and/or imperfections that happen with a mass-produced vehicle. This is something they KNOW about and they should be proactive instead of reactive. I'm tired of this BS that a multi-billion dollar corporation's money is more important than mine.

There is no good news here. And, GM's history of hedging their bets is why a lot of consumers have lost faith in the brand.

Peace & Progress
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote