Thread: 6.2 dealer oil?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I have used Blackstone for many years for aircraft and automobile oil analysis. I have started using the Amsoil oil analysis as well and really like it too.

I am a big Amsoil believer, and it's been oil analysis direct comparisons that has really sold me. I'm pretty anal about maintenance and every vehicle, down to the smallest dirt bike, has it's own three ring binder with maintenance records. At first with Amsoil I was figuring I would use their superior oil but still change at OEM recommended intervals. Then oil analysis on some of my diesel rigs with the Amsoil oil bypass filtration system installed starting opening my eyes to getting more miles between oil changes.

To be honest, for performance type motors, whether aircraft, motorcycles or trucks or auto's, I still change the Amsoil more often than what the analysis says I could do. Same for trucks that are working hard, like towing large loads. Probably not necessary, but I feel better being a bit more conservative. I am going to use the Amsoil Signature 5w-30 and an Ea 15k50 Amsoil filter for the Camaro. It should easily go 15k miles, but I'll probably go half that and send a sample in for analysis. The Camaro is in the toy fleet and doesn't get driven a lot, so it may end up being once a year instead of mileage.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote