View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 11:56 PM   #14
Camaro23$$

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Just make your SS a ZL1 killer. It’s fun.
For real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
find a stretch of road and time a zero to 80 mph or so with each car. Supercharged cars typically do not have a powerband hit or feel to them. My torque curve is pretty flat from 2k to redline.
Ok I’ll see what I can do. That’s sort of what I was wondering too is how much different the power they make feel from one to the other. Because I get what your saying. The ZL1 just feels flat and the same all the way through the RPM’s. Totally different than the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
This will all change once you start doing similar mods to the ZL1. Your SS is modded and tuned to be a street monster at the top of its game for an NA car, while the ZL1 is running a stock tune which was set up for driveability so it didn't scare people away from the dealership.

Just a tune and pulley swap would totally change that ZL1, let alone all the other mods your SS has.

I was always under the impression that a bolt on and cammed SS would easily hang with a stock ZL1? They are right around the same crank/rwhp, amirite?

Ya I guess everything that I was told is that the ZL1 should still be faster and more of a monster. But could have been bad info. When I bought the ZL1 I was hoping for more without having to Mod it. But I may want to now if thats the case. Just wanting to make sure there’s nothing wrong with it you know.

I appreciate the help!

2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, GPI SS1 Cam, GPI Cam Kit, LS9 Head Gasket, Upgraded Valley Cover, Upgraded Crank Bolt, Lifter Trays, CHE Trunnion Kit, BTR Platinum Valve Springs, GPI Hardened Push Rods, GPI Phase Limiter, Upgraded Lifters, Corsa Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Headers.
Camaro23$$ is offline   Reply With Quote