View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
Franko07

Drives: 17 white 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
I was wondering if anyone could speak to the durability of a vehicle wrap as I'm considering this as an option to get the car I want in the color I want (a used red hot ss 1le seems crazy hard to find). Are you able to tell that it isn't paint? How noticeable is it? Anyone have experience with this company?(and if so do they do the door jambs etc.?)
car-skins.com

Do you treat it any differently than paint (other than no abrasives such as polishing etc)? Are swirl marks possible on it/ what do you do about them?

Lastly, is $3199 a good price for a full wrap (on a ss 1le) minus all the parts that come as flat black from the factory?
I ran a Graphics/ Wrap shop for a few years and even though wrap technology is much better, the warranty on product if laminated is usually about 5 years, that being said... i have not seen one that didn't just sit in a garage last that long. (being in Georgia it may be slightly different for longevity)

if your doing it to simply change the color than i wouldn't do it, it will be noticeable to someone who knows paint/detailing and depending on who your installer is it could be an issue.

$3500 every 3-5 years isn't that good of a deal to me just because my car is not the right color.
Also price is typically based on square footage, i was charging from $10-15 a sq foot the same company is up to $25 sq ft now. This included some extra built in because you will scrap some if you want to make sure the splices are a minimum. Might figure up what the square footage is that they are charging so that way when you compare its apples and apples .

if you decide to do it go look at lots of their work before hand... and some that has been done longer than a year if possible. If they are not careful people they will cut the paint with a razor blade.

Last edited by Franko07; 05-23-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Franko07 is offline   Reply With Quote