View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #52
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Judging from the response and attention my car gets, I have to disagree with regards to looks (not talking about the 2019 here). This car gets a lot of very positive attention from the general public. The only people I see dogging its looks are Mustang fanboys.

Practicality is the number one problem IMO. Sure the Mustang isn't much more practical but it's more recognized. When I started thinking about a new car, the Mustang was the first to pop into my head. It's got the brand recognition. People shopping for a Mustang will easily overlook practicality. The Camaro does not have that luxury, it just doesn't. It needs that practical aspect to widen its target market just like the Challenger.

The general public doesn't care about performance as much we do. Practicality, looks, gas mileage and price matter the most, and not necessarily in that order.

The Challenger and the Camaro have much more in common than the Mustang. It's just that the Challenger is a lot more practical.
Maybe but above doesn't make any sense when you compare the 5th Gen sales against the 6th Gen. Performance got much better, interior much better, pricing slight increase, yet it doesn't sell?

Remember sales dropped off almost immediately after the 6th Gen release despite all of the improvements over the 5th Gen.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote