View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #14
V8Bully

Drives: 2016 ATS LTG
The best and cheapest way in my opinion is to get rid of the factory suitcase muffler with a y pipe and 2 bends. Costs about ~320-450 dollars at a shop to do and can be done in 45 minutes(labor/parts included). I have an ATS so we have a resonator in the middle, I chose to ADD an additional resonator behind it along with a catless downpipe. My car has zero rasp when cruising around and is super loud when getting on it or cold start. With a catted downpipe, I would do the muffler delete with a single 12 or 17in inline muffler as suggested by others.

Cost,

DP = -300
Muffler delete = -350
Sell factory muffler = +100
Resonator = -75
Labor and additional parts = -300
total = 925

Add an intake tube, k&n and intercooler for $750 and you spent a little over $1500 for a great setup. Add HPTuners and an E85 sensor and you have a car that can rival most new V8s for less then $2500.

Also, don't spend your cash on an intake as others have mentioned. Take your factory intake out and use a dremel to cut the front section out, its shaped like a triangle. With the intake tube and filter, it will have a pretty big impact on the sound without being too much.
V8Bully is offline   Reply With Quote