View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #10
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
1LE in tour mode is pretty comfy, but I haven't driven a standard SS so can't comment on if it's a worse ride. Also, I thought the 1LE ride height was the same as the SS.

My $.02 - Get the standard SS and put the 1LE wheels on it with tires more suited for the street. You could even run a slightly narrower tire if you're worried about rubbing, but you shouldn't have an issue, even lowered. There was a wiring harness in the drivers rear wheel well in the early cars (16-17) that could get rubbed through with wide tires, but I don't think it's been an issue on 18+.

If you're worried about ride quality, why lower the car? It won't do anything to improve the ride.
People confuse terms and functions of the suspension. The 1LE rides EXTREMELY smooth for a track oriented car. The MRC does an AMAZING job.

Where things get stiff on the 1LE is in the sway bars. The sway bars are stiff and in turn they cross-talk when you go over bumps unevenly.

My g/f has a Mazda CX-5 and the ride quality isn't any better in that than the 1LE in comfort mode as far as soaking up bumps.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote