View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Neighbor complaining about car startup

So I have a supercharged camaro ss with longtube headers, it is loud for about 10 seconds on startup and then quiets down. I’ll also note that the only time my car starts up is around 1pm and 7:30pm, so it’s not like I’m waking people up in the middle of the night or the morning. This one neighbor has been complaining the past few days saying that his 7 YEAR OLD is crying because I started up my car, mind you, this said child is inside the house and somehow the child is crying when my car starts up? For reference, from inside my house, the noise is comparable to a vacuum cleaner being heard from the 1st floor while you’re on the 2nd floor. I don’t buy into the fact that his kid is actually crying because I’ve started the car up while the kid was outside multiple times and somehow she didn’t cry, so it’s just really hard to believe, I think he just doesn’t like hearing the car start up. When I’m driving around the house I never rev my car or anything like that, I always keep it below 1500 rpm, I just feel like he’s being unreasonable, there’s plenty of other kids on the block that are 5-7 year olds that love the car when it starts up, never had a problem with anyone complaining in the year I had my car. Do you guys think I’m doing anything wrong?

Have you guys had any similar experiences? How did you handle it

edit: A little update, so today I went for a drive around 11 am and I auto started my car as I was walking to it, THE ****ING KID WAS SITTING ON THE STEP AND I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE, SHE WASNT PHASED BY THE STARTUP WHATSOEVER! I LOOKED OVER AND THE DAD TRIES TO HIDE THE KID ONCE HE NOTICES ME LOOKING AT HER, THIS DUDE IS AN ABSOLUTE LYING POS! I can't wait to approach him 1 on 1 the next time I see him to ask why his kid wasn't crying when I started it up 10 feet away from her, yet you said she was crying FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE??? get the hell outa here... I was so glad to see her unbothered by the startup, this is hilarious. Atleast the kid isn't a little bitch like the dad.

Last edited by 19 2SS; 01-08-2021 at 04:35 PM.
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote