View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #14
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemonzl1 View Post
What are the trade offs of the Mickey? I have someone that can find me 2 MT 325/30/19 for $650. I think that price is really good considering the R888R are over 400 each.
But again, I read somewhere that MT over 18" are not as good as under 18"
Fast wear is a trade off but the bigger trade off for me is the sway you'll experience at ~120 MPH and up. Plus, you cannot take turns aggressively at all. Entrance ramps are reduced to minivan status. Mind you, this isn't a big deal if you're only bolting them on at the drag strip or air strip. But if you drive it on the road, the trade offs are worse. If you get a slick, it's usually worse than a radial. I've driven cars on slicks that you have to be careful how you let off the throttle because the sudden weight transfer really unsettles the back end and it can change a lane on its own. I tend to overanalyze and hate negative changes, so for that reason, I am an R888R advocate because in my mind, the only downside to them is the tire hum. Then again, with a loud exhaust you may not notice that anyways. Cost and quick tire wear isn't really a downside for me as I expect both with a high performance tire.

IF you are truly drag racing or roll racing with big power, you will need an 18" or less radial/slick, which there's nothing wrong with. But stock power/even bolt on power (~650 RWHP or less), not super necessary, especially considering the M6 ZLE doesn't really launch at all.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote