View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #10
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Cut slot pointed out toward the left front fender (I did this 3.5 years ago), A piece of weather stripping and a green filter ducts air off the wheel liner.

That said air temp and its effects via the gas law is taken from absolute ZERO which is -460 degrees, so you may want to put your "hot air" into perspective. No I'm not advocating for a hot air induction. I'm just pointing out the gas law and thermal expansion.

The factory and most mods are CAI when there is forward progress with the car, I don't buy I'm in work traffic and response is off and so is power, OK, are you drag racing for .1 seconds in work traffic? Any forward progress puts outside air into the box stock or modded. As already stated it took 5 minutes and weather stripping for me to seal my stock box to the front frame rail. It would not be crazy difficult to weather strip the cut bottom boxes that are popular now.

I do like the removal of the front OEM weather protection strip, I do like the "big mouth"
https://www.velossatechdesign.com/pr...intake-snorkel

Probably one or both mods would work with OEM box, modded OEM box, and aftermarket CAI.

For CAI, I've tried the GM CAI and the Mishimoto, maybe there is something there but it was not measurable with my GTech. I'd probably buy a roto fab dry second hand if I want back to NA just for grins. Personal choice for sure. So once again, me a GTech and stock box, mod box, GM CAI and Mishimoto.. um not really measurable real world on the street. i.e. other road and climate conditions out weight any gains or losses. I do have to buy a new GTech (my output is broken). I do buy that a rotofab same day race adds .1, I don't know if this is an average gain or just that day and combination. It is a valid data point and I know of no other CAI that has done the same thing. You would think they would support a member here with a fee one for same day back to back testing? Dunno. So I give Rotofab cred for it (not implying that Rotofab supported the testing in anyway, I don't know).
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote