View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #8
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I can always tell who the uninformed are, always the ones regurgitating that a "CAI does nothing" info.

From me working with GM over the years and in consumer product testing with them, I cam tell you this. GM leaves some on the table in terms of performance. They have t design a system that is damn near idiot proof and that meets the powertrain specs and certifications.

With that, the RF CAI and for that matter any reputable company that takes the time to design, engineer and build the product will be able to produce gains over the stock airbox system. GM has to build the system to meet Federal/State/City NVH requirements, the aftermarket industry doesnt.

Any mod that allows more airflow to be pulled into the TB with less restriction will allow power to be more efficiently made versus the stock setup. That includes cuttings openings in the stock airbox, putting in larger filters or going with an open airbox with a really large filter.

Also while the dyno is a tool, dyno runs are not always real world realistic. Once a vehicle gets moving any heatsoak is cooled off and gets close to ambient. When people see where Procharger puts the airfilter in my car they always say it must run stupid hot and not make any power, and yet once I am moving my IAT temps are maybe 20° higher than the actual outside temps.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote