View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #121
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
modern powder seats are super strong. IMO this is all caused by valve bounce.
The exhaust valve seat is subject to a lot of heat which can cause burned valves / seats
The intake is heavy and hollow, the heavy causes valve bounce (especially with boost), the hollow means it is easy to get out of kilter or just plain break.

I was worried about the OEM valve, truthfully I'm not worried at all about the seat given a blue printed and maintained valvetrain and reasonable expectations for application. sub .600 cam slow controlled ramps, change springs at 50K, I think 100K miles at 90% reliability. Building a full boost car for the Texas Mile, IMO nothing that leaves the facory is adequate, OK maybe the block.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote