View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #68
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Owned both M6 2SS but my ZL1 is A10. If you decide on the Z the A10 is the better choice. It is different than the A10 on the SS.

Really the Z is too fast for using any more than 3/4 throttle on the street unless you run DRs or Toyo R888Rs on the back.

The SS M6 is just fast and fun and makes much more sense, especially buying used.

Both cars new will take huge depreciation hits as you drive off the lot. With the Z it is a crazy drop. I am stepping in to gauge selling my 1 year old 8K mile Z that listed for close to $70K. But what I know now I would have to sell it for $50K or less to move it. No thanks. I would be thrilled to go back in time and keep my '16 M6 2SS. Life is for learning. Used Zs are a bargain in my view and tons of fun. But it is more of a toy than a car like the SS.

Remember the story of the 3 bears...... The SS is just the right amount of warmth.

PM me if you have any more questions. I may step on more toes here.
I came to this conclusion when I sold my 13 ZL1 to move into a gen6. A supercharged car with massive tires and brakes is overkill for a driver. Operating cost vs ability to use it. Even the SS is difficult to fully exploit on the street but you can get much closer.

It was a similar decision going from an A8 back to a M6. The A8 is faster, and fun, but the M6 can be driven harder without being insane on the street.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote