View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #59
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
I spent 10 years of my life in the Detroit Metro area (Around Farmington Hills). Insurance was extremely expensive! I was younger at the time, and after a few tickets (remember when you were 21-23 years old?), my insurance payment was WELL above my new car payment.
Now, I'm 42 and live in AZ. I called my insurance broker a few days ago to get a quote on 2SS 1LE and ZL1. The SS 1LE came in at $1200 a year (same as my 18 Porsche Cayman), and the ZL1 came in at $1700 a year (also a fairly clean record). It's not a huge difference, but between the additional insurance and fuel cost (I average over 20k miles a year), the ZL1 is looking less appealing... The part that makes me personally still consider the ZL1 is the fact that 650hp will likely keep me from dumping money in modifications. On a ZL1, I would simply switch out the wheels and spoiler. On an SS 1LE, I'm not sure what I'll modify, but it could get expensive. The 2SS 1LE wouldn't need any esthetic modifications in my opinion, but I would likely get down and dirty with performance modifications...
I still modded my Zl1 😁