View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #144
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
Do you know Cpt Vince Noble, lelzlelz? Of course you don't him personally, but you should. So because I don't know OPPO does that make me uncool, outta the loop, not worthy enough , not one of the Bros? Lol gtfoh. Furthermore and what does knowing him have to do with anything? I answered your defense already in lieu of the gen 4 which btw KiLLed the camaro off. And then the big pricing mistake of the z/28. And let me tell ya something I don't believe any one anymore. Call me a person with trust issues but it kept me alive in Iraq and Afghanistan. So falling on word one who owns stock with repeat mistakes of the past doesn't brood to well with me. And when you continually do it, it tarnishes public image. So belive him all you want. That's on you. I'll go sit by myself in the Un cool table chachi. Hrumph.
Nah, man...cmon over here, give us all a big bro' hug, and leave that uncool table be. We're all kindred spirits here.

The 70k+ camaro argument isn't as binary as 'to buy' or 'not to buy'. the z28's purpose was just too singular. Had it been more versatile, i think it would have sold marginally better. However, that would have defeated the entire purpose of the car. Now if the new zl1 starts at 70k (which I wholeheartedly doubt), a bunch of us would moan and groan, but I hate to say some of us would still buy it....myself included. I mean, for less than 80k, you have a machine that can walk down some of Germany's best, charge your smart phone, take the wifey out to the pinnacle of fine dining at Golden Corral, and still fit a small kid or two in the back seat. The purchase process of a 70k+ zl1 simply wouldn't be as enjoyable as one costing 10k less.

So even if you're right, it would still sell, albeit not as well. Some may wait for the gt500 (which I believe will carry an absurd out-the-door price), some may look at a new stingray or used z06, and others may downgrade to the 1le. But I doubt it would be as much as a sales disaster as the gen5 z28.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote