View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #41
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
It does look amazing. So PPF is basically the same thing as Xpel? If you don’t mind me asking how much did that all cost you including the Gtechniq stuff?

For reference I was quoted 800 for single stage paint correction and 5400 for Xpel on the whole car.
Xpel, like Suntek and 3M, is a brand of Paint protection film (PPF). Each brand has multiple grades. $6k for the whole car isn’t bad as long as it’s Xpel Ultimate self healing film and isn’t their stock patterns. Patterns need to be oversized and wrapped so you don’t have visible seams.

Mine was $5k but wasn’t whole car PPF (was full front, mirrors, windshield surround, mirrors, rockers, rear lowers with all edges tucked and wrapped and emblems removed), and included that price was a full car paint correction (easy for him since it was new), Gtechniq ceramic coat and two coats of Gtechniq EXO.

If I were to do it again, I’d do the ceramic only on the grille and wheels, and spend my $ instead to film the whole car. EXO for everything of course. The stuff is magic and lasts a LONG time.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote