View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 09:41 PM   #37
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
I do all of those methods and use all of those products all by Adam's. Wash and apply product as described by Adams. Now my car is black which maybe that's why it's so apparent to me but yeah idk
Rule #1 in car care is The Museum Rule: The less you touch a thing, the longer it lasts. The more you touch the paint, the more defects you will put in the paint.

Black paint is ridiculous for showing every tiny little defect that you would never see on white, yellow, silver, or red unless you looked real hard... or owned the car

My first car was black. Never again without paint protection.

The ONLY way to keep a black car swirl free is self-healing PPF. The PPF is the thing that keeps you from touching the car. You touch the film, you wash the film, you dry the film and you put defects and swirls in the film. Then the film self heals and the swirls disappear.

My Z isn’t black but my heat extractor (and the rest of the trim) is painted mosaic black metallic. It was corrected (polished) right after purchase and Suntek Ultra self healing film applied. Two years later there are no swirls. Zero. It’s still perfect. No need to polish it, ever.

Adding a durable hydrophobic to the film just makes cleaning the car easier. Got caught in the rain last week. Got out the blower when I arrived home and got all the water off, didn’t even need to rinse with the hose. No towel needed or used. Completely dry from the blower and no water spots on the car the next day.

You can go buy all kinds of fancy polishes and waxes and this and thats, but the more you touch and wipe and wipe and wipe, the more defects you’re going to get.

If you can find a solution that allows you to keep the car clean without having to touch the car (much) and never puts defects into the paint, it will look perfect for years.

My solution works for me and The Mistress continually amazes people at shows who think I just bought the car. Nope... she’s 25 months old and gets washed maybe once every six to eight weeks. These shots are old but trust me she still looks just the same.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=301

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote