View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #8
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
Evening everyone. Apologies for my last thread and outburst, unfortunately I became upset how I was treated and the whole car community because I drive a V6, but I've learned alot by the following,

1. Learn to love your car (which I do)
2. Be thankful for what you got (not many can get a camaro, and proud to have a fast car)
3. Ignore the ignorant (yeah, lel)

Here's the actual thread. I plan on pulling the plug in a few months and want to buy forced induction but idk much about them besides what prochargers and superchargers do for your car. Im thinking edelbrocks stage 1 supercharger or the procharger system and get a custom tune. From any experience, anyone know which is better out of the two? I've seen the procharger adds 165+HP over edelbrocks 100+HP with a custom HPtuners tune but the difference is being carb compliant (dont hafta worry since I'm in SC)

Also I have no intentions on trading for a V8 so thank you ^^

All I've done to my car is a 2.5" custom catback magnaflow system, a 76mm throttle body, and a throttle enhancer (badass imo crazy year for me and this car thou.
Love my V6, but the price for FI is just so expensive. If we could get reliable FI for less than 4K then I would consider one of the off shelf kits. Heck the proper tune alone costs $1300. I have twin turbos modified from a CTS-V that I will be using along with all the other supporting mods. Its a custom work that can do my self on the install. However I am still up to $2100 in parts alone. Something else you have to remember is that we have very little support. There will be a limit to how much HP and torque you can safely add to this motor without throwing more money and time than what it would feasibly cost. At the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mentioned kits if you have the $$$. I hope you find your fun zone with whatever you choose!
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote