View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #78
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

Carvana IS a dealership. The primary differences between them and the common ones are that they don't have any real "brick and mortar" locations and they will move a car from one place to another to sell it to you because that's baked into their business model. The reason that Carvana's costs are so high are a direct result of the transportation costs they incur to both acquire and sell a car. Dealerships employ 'runners' and have them drive cars over short distances while Carvana does everything by transport truck.

Another point of note is that Carvana is a USED CAR DEALERSHIP. They do not have to abide by all of the same rules as new car dealerships, including physical dealership location requirements in order for a manufacturer to sell new vehicles in any particular state.

Carmax has a return window baked right into the purchase of the car. You drive it around for a couple of days and send it back if you don't like it for a refund of most of the original cost.

As mentioned above, Carmax DOESN'T sell new cars, and they won't because of the laws that require physical presence to sell cars into most states (this was a major hurdle for Tesla).

The dealers around here where I bought my Camaro lets you return it within a few days for a car of similar value.

I was using the example if Carmax was a new car dealer and used that same mentality and prices their new car higher than any other dealers and allowed no haggle.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote