View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #36
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
One need only look at today's "modern muscle car" to see a trend in car buying. The HP wars by the major players seems to be alive in the buying public. But, this is only part of the picture as the CAFE standards play an important part in what we will buy in the future.

You will probably never see a car built like mine come from any manufacture. It would likely not pass most state and federal emissions standards, especially Ca. Hence the reason we are seeing more FE cars and smaller engines. A trend I believe that will continue.

The problem will be how to cool down these FE engines as we are seeing in the ZL/1. You can only put so much hardware under the hood to accommodate cooling, increase the HP and you have to increase cooling. Main reason I like a NA engine.

Another aspect of the increasing HP is the drive line and just how much the manufacture can do to beef it up without adding too much to the cost.

Here is an interesting read on the CAFE standards and how it will affect your next car purchase.

http://www.rff.org/blog/2017/do-cons...-gas-standards
Love to see this president do away with the cafe standard. This is the USA, not Europe. Americans once had the option of buying what they wanted without government intervention. Let the markets dictate what we want.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote