View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
Loose on the Track

I was on the Main Wild Horse Pass track last weekend. This was my second time on this trak, two days last year and two days this year. There a decreasing radius turn after a long straight (139 MPH). Last year I could floor the car at the apex. This year the rear end stepped out on the first lap and a few others. I had one of the instructors drive it for a few laps, he thought it was loose as well. I kind of lost confidence in the car in the turns and didn't push hard. There were a number of other 1LEs out there, some of the better times were 3 s faster than my best. I'm sure that two of those drivers are more experienced and better drivers.

I added the OEM wicker bill this year. Differences from last year, 10 degree or more cooler day. Last year the tires were new, 2,000 street miles. This year the front tires were pretty new, I think one prior track day and some street mies. The rear tires are at end of life, last track day.

Could the difference in front to back tread depth impact the handling. Could the difference in tire age impact the handling? I'm sure temperatures made a difference, but there were other cars out there without this issue.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote