Old 12-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #23
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
you're joking right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
You may be waiting a bit longer than a year to get those prices...

There are dealers selling new ones well below what they have in them, even with 3% Holdback. Tim Lally in OH, Donohoo in AL, and others are no B.S.'ing selling at $63K - they'll drop more as the winter goes. I know those dealers are serious because I have a friend tired of the Porsche "tax" on his consumeables of his very often tracked 15 GT3. He has money burning a hole in his pocket to get a ZL1 1LE but not burning hot enough to jump too early. In the next few months, he will have one. He's targeting $60K new, $50K used, but, will move a bit from there. It's the 14 / 15 Z28's all over.

When I bought my car at the end of 2016, there was a red 15 Z28 new locally (with A/C) being offered at $50K gathering dust outside. There was another one, too, that the idiots wanted $64K for at the same time.

Honestly, if I was buying lightly used, I would not pay over $55K for a well less than 5K-mile non-tracked car with PDR. By the spring, they'll be tons more. With over 1800 produced in 2018 and more each day for 2019, there is such a limited audience for the car.

I am personally coming closer to being in the market for one between now and the spring or so. It won't be hard to find a killer deal if you don't mind getting it shipped or jumping on a plane. Keeping my SS 1LE for my sons.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote