View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #13
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
Always appreciate your post! Very informative and easy to understand. I only drive my car weekends and some evenings. Any reason to re-install tire tire dams? Also, my car is garage kept and I never drive in the rain. I could leave the water deflector off, but I do wash my car fairly often? Not sure how the water deflector works? After inspecting it, I can see it is wide open even with the deflector on, so when washing the water still goes through it and runs down? Thanks
Thank you. I always try to provide what I would like to see if I were looking for answers.

When I wash my car with the garden hose I see more water pooling on the front of the engine, along the fan shroud, and hood latch area. It's just a little more to wipe down afterward. I don't even bother putting the water deflector back on anymore. I just keep the sprayer on "mist" when I'm rinsing the hood. I always wipe down the engine compartment anyway so it's no big deal. If I had to drive it in the rain, though, I'd definitely put it back on. Without the deflector, the turbulent air would have it all over the engine compartment.

If I were you I'd leave all the air dams and deflectors on. You'll tend to get better gas mileage and you don't need to store anything.

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote