View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #11
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckt View Post
I just got off the phone with the dealer. Last time they had it. The parts dept gave the mechanic the wrong fluid. (I'd say that is the mechanic's fault. He should have checked the parts before using them) They used a fluid without LSD additive.

They have changed the fluid again and want to keep it one more day to do a cold start drive.

I asked about damage. They pulled the cover and didn't find any clutch particles so they feel like no damage was done.

Any thoughts?
Not good. Not surprising either. At this point they will say anything to make you feel better and hope that the warranty expires before a catastrophic failure. Make sure your next trip there is at least a double flush and that the service receipts show the mistake in fluids.

Do some homework on other dealers in your area that have plenty of ZL1s and Z06s. After about 500 miles of these idiots changing the fluids visit the new dealer and tell them it’s groaning even if it isn’t. They’ll change the fluids for sure without even listening for it especially if you let them know that you know there is a bulletin for it.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote