View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #27
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I would be interested at seeing a ball design that can vent, so this is like a spring-assisted PCV? I also like the idea of a bigger pipe.

Lastly so the center hose to the factory catch can, on a Procharger it goes to a hookey fitting on the air filer. since you system was building pressure where does your setup go? Or was there that much pressure that the center breather hose was just overwhelmed?
Two pics below - first one is of my catch can setup on the engine as it sits today - still not back in the car. The small fitting is for 3/8" hose, but it has the ball check valve inside it. The other port is for a -10AN fitting. I believe you could pull the AN adapter out and put in a -12 O-ring fitting. I will be running a -10 Hose from that fitting up to the -10 nipple on the middle of the "PCV box"

The other picture is the top of the can with the breather filter off - what is hard to see is that internally inside the air filter is a large rubber disc that is allowed to float inside the filter. If the can is under vacuum - the disc sits down on top of the can and seals it off. If the can is under pressure, it pushes the disc up so it can vent
Attached Images