View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #24
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I too would like to hear from customers (no vendors) with catch cans and how much oil they are catching between oil changes..
For myself I started with an Elite E2, but decided to switch to a MM Wild. Not really about the brand, but for three reasons. It had a integrally built in check valve (a good valve, with a ball and spring installed inside a stainless steel orifice), it has the capability to accept much larger volumes of air (it can accept up to a 3/4" -12 hose), and it is capable of venting if induced to positive pressure.

My previous setup had the check valve fail when the cheap little rubber flapper in the valve that got sucked up into the hose between the can and intake manifold, which not only plugged the vacuum source, it sealed the entire system entirely.

At the beginning of last year, I installed a Novi 1500 S/C, and when I was having the car tuned on the dyno, my tuner had noticed that one of the hoses from that goes from the valve covers was bulging from the pressure. Luckily the seal between the factory catch can box and the drain that goes back into the oil pan was relieving pressure (and leaking oil) or I probably would have pushed the front seal out.