View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #14
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhsu View Post
You'll have to be more specific when you say "responsive". There are a few things I can think of when you say responsive:

1. When you're driving normally, then suddenly floor the throttle, the new car takes less time to start moving forward. This is likely due to the new 10L80.

2. Given a consistent amount of throttle input in the same mode (e.g. sport mode in both), the new car offers more acceleration. This is probably due to a change in the pedal calibration / tune in the 2020 car. Not sure if we know about any changes like this.

3. The delay between changing pedal input & your engine responding is quicker. This may be a result of improvements to the architecture of the communications network (I don't think this is any different from earlier, but I'm certainly no expert - I know the new Corvette is on the new global b electronics architecture, but I didn't think the Camaro would be).

Which of the above are you talking about?
I’d say it’s between 1 and 2, I noticed it more when they let me drive around the dealership lot 0-20ish miles when I’d turn and give a little gas. Noticed it slightly less but still there when driving on roads/highway. Did a little from stop to about 55 and the initial launch felt different for sure, at 40+ around there I think there’s a very slight difference

Would be from the first few gears I’m guessing is what I noticed if this correct
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote