Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 01:31 AM   #2666
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm hearing that dealerships are charging up to $50K over MSRP for the upcoming GT500. And they want it upfront. LOL! If this is true then that is very disappointing. That means that if MSRP is $70K, then some people will be paying $120K for one. What sucks is that this takes it out of the hands of their base customers. And it puts it in competition with the much more expensive cars. So if this is true then count me out.

I'm wondering how many people will flock to the ZL1 and Hellcat if this happens. I mean, if people are in the market for a mega HP car without having to mod it and break their warranty, then I'd think the ZL1 and Hellcat will start looking more appealing if you can't get a GT500 without a huge mark up. Also that will mean the Ford has not offered a car that can be had in ZL1 price range that can keep up with or beat the ZL1.
Dealers wanted 30k markup in some places for the GT350. I dont think it will MSRP for 70k either. Call me crazy but I think Ford will want more than that for it.

Their dealer network wanted 10k markups on a Focus and morons paid it. They markup Raptors around the same and yet I see them all over.

Given all the problems that they are having with both the GT and the 350 they really need this car to be a homerun and the more I hear things like this the more it makes me laugh. You can build one hell of a fast car for 50k extra. Or you can go down the street and get a ZR1. Either option sounds more appealing to me at this point.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote