View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #2212
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
$55k brand new? The cheapest one within 150 miles of me is $61,500. The dealer closest to me has 2, one for $63,600 and another for $64,900. Hell, the cheapest used 6th gen ZL1 within about 150 miles is $53k and change. The ZL1 1LE's are about $70k here.

Anyway, if you read what we were discussing. I'd like something stripped down without a bunch of expensive BS. I just want a V8 Camaro to drive a few hours a week and have some fun. I'm not going to DD it, I don't need a bunch of comforts and I sure as hell don't want to pay for Matt Farah's exotic animal skinned dash or whatever he wants it to be made out of. It'd just be nice to have a cheaper trimmed V8 option, that's all. Instead, they keep adding things and jacking up the prices.
Yep brand new albeit ordered vs lot car which usually has options... it seems Camaros are a bit cheaper here while Mustangs are more $. Unsure why. For example a GT350 (base vs R) is much more than a ZL1 which makes little sense...and hence we still have new 2017s on local lots...

I hear you on the stripper. Kinda what Mustang LX used to be right? Having said that a 1ss can surely be had for proly mid 30s which aint bad in comparison. But this likely means ordering one or taking advantage of GMs 15 or 20% discount sales which they seem to do regularly about 3 times per year.

I think the market for sport coupes has changed over the years. And with it the target audience and hence the pricing and trims. Just a guess on my part based on seeing who actually drives them. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote