View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileintent View Post
There was some knock on initial runs and it would drop the curve at the top end but after tuning it wasn't showing up again.

Thanks, I was wondering about the gear playing into it being lower. The next time I go I'll do a comparison run in 6th and then in 7th if I can.

Compared to before without the 2650, it definitely feels faster and loses traction easier than before. The canned tuned seem give most of the power increase at higher RPM ranges, very manageable in lower ranges. The custom tune brings on the power much earlier and it feels even more responsive/aggressive. From the butt dyno perspective it feels great, sounds great. I just want to make sure I get a better ROI on going to the 2650 so looks like I'll need to invest in the air flow around it.

Question: if I go to the 103 throttle body and snout, would my standard rotofab connect with it or will I need an adapter? Just wondering if I can do this in stages. That said, I may just save up and big gulp, tb, and headers all at the same time.

Big gulp not needed at your power level. It did nothing for me when i tried it at this power level. Go with the TB upgrade and headers, maybe even a larger upper pulley to drop boost a bit. More then likely he had to drop timing quite a bit which is another reason your making less power.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote