View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sometimes the Mustang guys like to come over here trolling and these are the kinda posts they make. They like to insinuate that Camaros don't sell and that the dealerships can't sell them without heavily discounting them and such and such. None of that is true but they like to troll. So I kinda thought that but wasn't sure which is why i decided to give you some good info BEFORE jumping down your throat, lol!! Oh well. All good. My mistake.

I went onto Car Gurus to see and there are some examples of used ZL1s in the low $52K range. However they seem to be with some pretty high mileage on them. And most of them seem to be the M6 trans without any options. Some of them do have nav and maybe a sunroof tho. That is with a quick glance that I took. So yea, low $50Ks for one of them is right on par with what you'll be seeing. One that is fully optioned and has lower miles might fetch closer to mid or high $50Ks. AT which point it might be better to find a stripped down one that is brand new.

Of the brand new ones I saw, again, they seem to be mainly M6 trans without many options. And the prices you're seeing also include $1500 in rebates or incentives. So once you add in a few things you want you might see the price go a little higher. But you should still be able to get one for a really decent price. A lot of us got ours brand new when they first hit the dealerships. So there are some like me who got rebates and some who didn't. But the prices you see look legit.

When I got mine the salesman (a good friend of mine for the past few years) said he could get the price lowered by a little. I asked him how much and he said it wouldn't be anything crazy but maybe a few hundred dollars. So I told him don't sweat it. If it wasn't a friend of mine then I might have pursued it. But a few hundred dollars, if they could lower the price by that much, is pretty insignificant over the course of 6 years. In your case I would say try to play ball. You might be able to get the price even lower. Or maybe try to get free lifetime details or have them throw in something. Give it a shot. Anyway, good luck with your shopping. you're gonna love the car. If I can offer any suggestions, I'd say get one with the A10 and PDR for sure. CF exposed hood, sunroof, nav, those things aren't really necessary. But the PDR is a lot of fun to use. Enjoy!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote