View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #1002
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I would never ask them to give me inside info, so what I say next is my POV, without any discussions with anyone I know at GM.

Can they make changes? They could probably make a decision to offer body color on the black bar. Quite frankly, with the fingers where they are, I doubt it would look better and probably would look worse.

I seriously doubt anything can or will be done to remove / relocate the flow tie. I’m pretty sure it is where it is to optimize additional airflow and/or cooling underhood. Depending on what the manufacturing process is for the bumper bar, removing the flowtie could be non-trivial. It’s one thing to remove a tool from a die. Completely different to re-engineer a mold.
Never noticed until now but the bow tie is in that location on a lot of product so I think its about design language more than function. It has to make a miniscule difference in air flow.

I've acclimated to the SS completely and have not problem with the flow tie. I daily drive my 16 SS blade spoiler so ...if Chevy offered to swap me into a 19 I'll gladly be rolling advertisement for them. So folks and be exposed to it.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote