View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #30
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Funny thing, so many guys that are new to Camaros (on the forum it's especially obvious) end up claiming they have an "LS1" or "LT1" Camaro, instead of a 1LS or 1LT. The number placement matters. You have an LGX V6. My engine is the LFX V6. We both have 2LT Camaros. An LT2 engine doesn't exist currently.

I've had the K&N Typhoon intake on my car for over 95k miles, washed the filter maybe every 30k. Don't over oil it, clean your MAF anyway, and you're good to go. Also, a cold air intake is more of a misnomer since it's so general - it's just about volume. Any aftermarket cold air intake will increase the volume of air you can get into the engine. Closed vs open is debatable, I don't know if you guys have any air scoop options like we did with the Apex air scoop, but it let the intake breathe from the front of the grille, around the radiator, at which point closed vs open intake is almost 100% moot.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote