View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #29
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Ok now I’m confused. So I have the V6 3.6L RS 2LT. That was the intake manifold I was referring too, it says LT1... is the V6 not LT1!?? Because if not then how come when we get the VMAX TB it’s LT1.....

Yea I will definetly go that route since I rather install it and now know that the flash/tune is free! Can’t wait.

How efficient is washing the filters though?.. I feel like that has so many potential downsides. Also is open CAI any more efficient over a closed CAI?? It’s gonna get so much more dirty and with engine heat all around it being sucked in, I just don’t see how that’s effective, wish it had a cover.

Yea even if the engine does die then that means just replace it with a V8 and keep it goin
Funny thing, so many guys that are new to Camaros (on the forum it's especially obvious) end up claiming they have an "LS1" or "LT1" Camaro, instead of a 1LS or 1LT. The number placement matters. You have an LGX V6. My engine is the LFX V6. We both have 2LT Camaros. An LT2 engine doesn't exist currently.

I've had the K&N Typhoon intake on my car for over 95k miles, washed the filter maybe every 30k. Don't over oil it, clean your MAF anyway, and you're good to go. Also, a cold air intake is more of a misnomer since it's so general - it's just about volume. Any aftermarket cold air intake will increase the volume of air you can get into the engine. Closed vs open is debatable, I don't know if you guys have any air scoop options like we did with the Apex air scoop, but it let the intake breathe from the front of the grille, around the radiator, at which point closed vs open intake is almost 100% moot.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote