View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 10:03 AM   #8641
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
We all know that not many manufacturers, if any at all, can keep up with GM at the same price point. Much less with only a slight MSRP increase. So it should be no surprise that the GT500 is no ZL1 on the track. Not on technical tracks. I doubt Ford could match the ZL1's time and much less the ZLE's time.

However, the GT500 is still an outstanding car. The problem is that when it gets compared to the ZL1 it doesn't look soo great. But then again, not many cars on the planet look great in comparison to the ZL1 and what it comes with and what it can do on the track. The GT500 has it's place where it shines more than the ZL1.

Value of the car is a personal consideration. I would not have bought the GT500 if I thought it was a waste of money. And it could be that maybe, just maybe, the GT500 was not overpriced...the ZL1 was underpriced. I always say the ZL1 is well worth more than what the MSRP was. But still, what you get from the GT500 and what you pay is not as lopsided as some people think. I enjoy this car. I think it is well worth the price tag. I mean, it competes with the ZL1 AND the Redeye. The RE can cost high $90K MSRP. The GT500 is much less than that at MSRP. And it can battle the RE. It costs slightly more than the ZL1 and although it can't beat the ZL1 around a tight track, it sure can beat a ZL1 in a roll race. So for the price, none of these cars lose in all three categories (roll, handling, quarter mile). And they are all priced similarly.

The Ring is nice to consider for bragging rights. But there is the aftermarket. There are mods. And how many of us are extracting Ring numbers from these cars anyway? For everyday street use all three of these cars are to the extreme when it comes to performance.
Great post, as usual. And man, I am jealous of your garage!