View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #39
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
It's not the torque check that bothers me, it's the unskilled tech I don't trust. When I worked at my last job at a Chevy dealership there were maybe 3 people at best I'd trust to work on my car. Everyone else I wouldn't even let them do the oil if I had to. Since this would be decent sized ticket with 9 hours or so warranty pay I know there's going to be a lot of parts on the car being removed and reinstalled. So I don't want someone who isn't good at their job touching my car. I do everything to my car because I know it's done right. If it comes down to doing it I'll just go to my old job and request for said tech to do it only. And I'd be willing to bet 99% of these cars will be fine once you remove the pan to check the 2 bolts holding the pick up in.

I'd be worried about repeat oil leaks or issues from everything being taken apart more than the recall itself. Because that means a repeat trip back to fix a bad reseal of the engine or what not. I just try to avoid the dealership scene in general having seen how it truly works.
Oh I definitely get that. I have a small hairline scratch in one of my headlights, no idea how that can happen (it was there before I drove it off the lot), but it's not that noticeable. I contacted the dealership and really the only thing I would accept is a headlight replacement or nothing. It probably could be concealed, but I don't want anyone to do it for fear they'd make it worse or remove all the UV protectant making matters worse down the road. Same goes for a tiny paint defect That's less than the size of a pencil eraser. I really can't trust anyone either. So cosmetic stuff I'd rather handle myself or leave it. Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined with vehicles, so I hope my local dealership is decent.