Thread: Supercharger
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #20
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1ornothing View Post
King, I know you said you don't currently run longtube headers, but from what you have gathered, would you say that 2" longtube headers with offroad midpipe connections helps alleviate some of those high EGT conditions for those of us forced to keep the timing low on a mild boost LT1 with LT4 fuel system and flex fuel?
The high EGT's are mainly from 93 octane and high compression. Once you switch to flex fuel, the timing goes up and temps go down. You will be able to run 20 degrees on E50 opposed to 12 degrees on 93. So you are not forced to run low timing. The timing isn't the issue here, it's the super high compression combined with inadequate octane that forces excessive amount of timing to be removed to try and keep KR at bay. Once you pull too much timing then it starts to work against you. 11-12 degrees is on the edge of being too low imo.

The cat pipes are the biggest bottle neck. I don't see the stock headers with cat delete pipes being that restrictive, but I am sure headers will help some.

Think about it like this. Even a Naturally Aspirated LT1 gains 25-30whp switching from 93 to Ethanol. Any engine that gains that kind of power from more octane means that it was octane limited prior. So, if a NA LT1 engine is limited on 93, what do you think adding boost is going to do? For reference NA LS engines only gain like 6-8whp tops going from 93 to E85.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote