View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #80
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Here is my question, maybe I missed it, what could be the harm of a catch can?

The OP stated you could be denied warranty claims for having one. GM bought my ZL1 with a catch can back for Stabiltrac problems, definitely not related, but GM or the dealer never mentioned it.

In 3,000 miles I have caught maybe 3-4 oz in my '16 SS. Is this typical?
A lot of people (like your self) overestimate a dealerships say in warranty work. They have the rights to make judgment calls on certain stuff.

Once your engine blows, a GM rep gets involved. The GM rep doesn't sell cars, he is here to see what/why something went wrong. Your dealership (or your boy who works at the dealership) is at the mercy of GM.

Now with aftermarket parts install, GM doesn't know the effects of such parts. For all they know you installed it wrong, and its causing damage to your engine. Its not there job to know how aftermarket parts should be installed, or the effects of them.

The fact is you could have warranty problems IF your need a major engine repair and GM doesn't like your catch can.

Most people dont have major failures, so most people are not reporting warranty problems with catch cans.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote