View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #80
Burnin' Rubber

Drives: Domestic
wish list

In the base model fifth-generation Camaro LS, I was disappointed with the bare plastic steering wheel and shifter, the standard halogen lights, the lack of fog lights, and the open differential which comes with the automatic transmission.

For the sixth-generation, Chevy may need to drop the LS model or enhance it. The last thing you want is something so de-contented it hurts the performance image. This is the main fault I found with the fifth-generation Camaro. The V6 models seemed to be “dumbed-down” just a bit too much. Just because someone limits their budget to the base model does not mean they do not care or are not knowledgeable about what they want in a performance car.

I would like to see a much better optioned-out base model for the sixth-generation Camaro.

1. The lighting should be HID and LED standard and include fog lights. Please avoid plastic inserts in place of fog lights as that cheapens the look.

2. The steering wheel, shifter, and parking brake handle should be wrapped in leather. I would also like there to be a better steering wheel for the Camaro, not something that looks like it could be found in any other Chevy car (except the Corvette).

3. Cloth seats are fine as long as it is good quality and looks sporty (no floral or polka-dot patterns).

4. It should come with a true dual exhaust that sounds good and looks good, no cheap-looking single pipe outlets. It should have a nice audible rumble indicative of a muscle car.

5. Different-size aluminum alloy wheel options only, no bare steel wheels or plastic wheel covers.

6. A limited-slip rear differential is a must in a rear-wheel drive performance car, regardless of what engine it has, for both the automatic transmission and manual.

7. A performance package option for the non-V8 models would be appreciated. This could be the basis for a revised RS package, making it more of a performance and appearance upgrade instead of just an appearance upgrade.

8. Offer a spoiler delete option with any packages for those who choose to have a cleaner look.

This should take care of what most people are looking for in a base sports car. If you are going to leave anything off the base model, leave off all the extra cost tech gadgets like parking sensors, back-up cameras (I find distracting), Bluetooth, navigation, and power seat adjustment (how often do you need to adjust your seats?). Those do not add to the sports car experience in my opinion and just adds more stuff that can go wrong.

Ideally, I would also like a smaller-displacement naturally-aspirated V8 engine option for the SS without any AFM, like the 5.0L Coyote on the Mustang. The 6.2L LT1 is nice but I am not sold on the AFM no matter how good it is hyped up to be. If anything, please make the AFM capable of being deactivated at will by the owner. The last thing I would want is to pay the money for a 6.2L V8 and then putter around the majority of the time in a 3.1L V4.

Last, but certainly not least, there should be a unique modern Camaro logo designed! It should be placed anywhere the Chevy bowtie would be placed. This is an advantage the Mustang has because that pony logo is so iconic and so identifiable. It is something the Camaro sorely lacks right now.

Thanks for your time. I hope you find this to be constructive feedback. If you agree with any points please post so Chevy can read and give us the Camaro we desire.