View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:52 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hmm, I thought the biggest flaw was a full set of golf clubs not fitting in the trunk 😆

Aside from that, I'll play along and be just as stubborn as you are, the visibility issue is way overrated. I'm a mediocre driver and still never had a problem, it took 10-15 minutes to get used to the car.

The Camaro is definitely for people who enjoy driving, simply because the focus is on that and not messing with a giant touchscreen in the middle of the dash, nor relying on every single driving aid in existence, nor even hauling tons of cargo. This in itself may be reason enough that a 7th gen isn't coming for now, but of course it doesn't require "perfect drivers", come on.
For me, that's the reason I didn't buy one when the Gen6 came out. But for others, visibility is a big drawback.

As I've said, it's the best car in it's segment and if performance alone were enough to sell in higher volumes we would likely have had a Z28 and a Gen7 (other than plant issue in taking Alpha Cadillacs electric).

The story I was told was instead of going to segment buyers and asking what could Chevy do get you to buy a Camaro, they went to a select group of Camaro enthusiasts and asked them. The car we got was the response to their answer........MORE!!!!!!!! And I can only imagine the posts back in 2016 if the Camaro came in 100 pounds heavier than it did making it heavier than a Mustang just to give it a bigger trunk, better day light opening and a more usable back seat (all things the Mustang has, the ONLY things the Mustang has, over a Camaro)

And btw, an ATS Coupe WAS the Cadillac Coupe off the Alpha and the V off that was outstanding (almost bought one certified used but it had a slight almost imperceptible crease along the door, would have been a big impulse buy). But you know what? The ATS Coupe, also off of the Alpha architecture could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk

Still hoping the Camaro comes back as an EV but one so good that it actually flips a few opinions on this sight.