View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #10
Kupers07

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
LT1 builds don't equal lt4 builds till you change out the crank (rolled fillets), and add either Proflow intake valves or titanium as the stock LT1 intakes are hollow and made of steel. So there is more to a LT1 build than forged pistons and aftermarket rod bolts.

So as stated, these is nothing that can take that power stock and bolting on twins till something blows up is not my cup of tea.
Modified quote to save space.

Well again think this is good for a newbie in the Camaro realm. Defiantly a lot of difference between the two that I did not know about. Failed to do enough homework.

So from everyone’s experience on here, if I was to scale back the build with the limitations of the LT1, considering this to be a fun/weekend car, drag strip for shits and giggles. I mean I have ran my lifted diesel (10.4 @ 8500lbs IIRC). What would be a good medium build. Without going to far internal to the engine but still making decent power. Yes that’s relative to each person I get that. If you were to do it your self what would you list look like. In Idaho E85 is non existent.

Thanks
Kupers07 is offline   Reply With Quote