View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Cabin rattling...anybody else got these??

Hey guys,

I've got a '17 A10 ZL1 and I do live in Dubai where it gets hot enough to make things (plastics panels & clips) deteriorate much sooner than one would like. Now my cars been through two summers and thankfully never gave me any issues, however as we are getting into our third summer, I'm starting to get annoying rattling noises. Some are caused by just acceleration and exhaust noise/vibrations...whilst others are more due to even the slightest uneven surfaces. The panel that shakes/vibrates with acceleration is the plastic panel that starts behind the Camaro branded door sill and wraps arount the what could be referred to as the B pillar I guess...just under the seat belt area. Secondly, my dash screen, it rattles with the road surface. I know that for a fact because if I apply pressure on the screen with my hand while driving, there is absolutely no rattling. And I can see that there is a bit of mobility in the screen. I can move it back and forth enough for the back of the screen to hit the dash. I've tried tightening the screen which secured the screen a little more, however from the top of the screen, it still wiggles a bit back and forth, enough to make the screen tap against the dash.

Has anybody else in the USA had these issues and if so, how are you guys getting around it?

I look forward to your answers and thanks very much in advance.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote