Thread: Harness system
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #21
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Correct. No HANS device. Because the ASM capabilities of this system are a result of the stretch you get in one of the shoulder straps, which won't allow the HANS device to then prevent the forward motion of your helmet.

Can't have both.

Hence why I went with the cage and full harness.

This system (the OP) is a great solution for holding you in place during track driving. Much better than stock belts. Good protection for a more modest wreck.

Not such a great solution if you have a significant interaction with a wall.

Combination of the tracks I run and some of the wrecks I've seen, decided to go the cage and harness route. I'm actually looking to replace the stock seats with a halo seat for next season.

Worst wreck I've seen personally a friend completely destroyed his GT350R in the Kink at RA and walked away. Said his Harnesses and HANS device worked perfectly, but he would not have been ok without the Halo seat (side to side head and neck protection).

Like most things....its a matter of how much you want to mod, how much you want to spend, how safe you want to be.
Agreed. For me, just doing HPDE events this will keep me from sliding around in the seat a lot better than the stock seat belt could. This also allows me to use my stock seat belts any other time.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote