View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #21
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
From my experience as a former automotive tech, mostly for GM, the GM computers have been relearning for years. They adapt to your driving habits. I laugh. My dad owns a 2012 Chevy Equinox. It’s in mint condition. My mom drives it mostly.
Anyhow, my dad complains about it being slouchy once in a while. So once in a while I’ll borrow it and take it for a nice long drive. I beat on it. Take it to redline here and there. Give her the boot at 60mph so it’s gotta downshift aggressively. You get the idea.
Next thing you know my dad will comment on how his Equinox seems to have a rumble and the air must be good cause it feels real peppy.

That ain’t why. It’s cause I just beat the shit out of it for a couple hours and the computer is anticipating to get beat on some more. So the tune is more leaning towards high torque high hp and high rpm use.

It felt like a slouch before cause my mom leaves the stop sign at about 3% throttle position and it’s anticipating a shift at about 1500 rpm. Pretty much no load on the engine. So.......after a couple weeks of driving like this the vehicle drives like a slug.

If you don’t believe me then for those of you who have a GM car that is driven like a slow poke, go out and beat on it a couple hours and report back. You’ll see. It’ll be more aggressive.

My vehicles I drive have an aggressive tune. No I don’t beat them constant. But I’m not afraid to floor the go pedal and hold it there. Especially passing
Great info! Is this the case with Dodge, Ford, or any other Manufacturers?
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote