View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #25
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
I have a 17 ZL1 and a 18 Daytona 392 Charger as my DD. I know you are looking at the Challenger, but close enough. Now that I have had the Charger for a year, only 2 complaints, you feel the weight of the car and I wish the trans felt better changing gears. Other than that, it is a really nice car and great sound system with the Harmon Kardon in it. Way better than my Camaro. Car runs strong despite the weight.
You sir need to pull the TCM fuse. Because in the mopar world, there are adaptive values for not only the engine, but the trans. Its known to get very lazy if you mostly drive the car like an old woman. If you pull the under hood fuse for the TCM, it resets the adaptives and MAN it shifts like a monster. I would do the fuse pulls at every gas up. Not a big deal. Takes maybe 30 seconds, including opening the hood.

As for the SS vs the 392, there are countless 392 cars on youtube that run 12.0 and 11.9X bone stock on stock tires. Mine ran 12.33@155 in 3000DA on a 90* day. On the drag radial, I went 11.9 in worse weather.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote