View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #5241
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I just expected a Caddy to hold it's value a little better than that. Saw a lot of complaints on the 2.0T, something about piston failure, and the Cue/touchscreen was garbage. I just noticed the CTS's are in the same price range as well for used. Looks like I'm gonna drive one of those today as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The SS is not going to creep down in price anytime soon in my opinion. Its like a rare jewel now...like a Pontiac G8 GXP. Look at the prices on those things. The SS is going to remain a highly valuable car.

A part of me wishes I'd have found a good slightly used model, or gotten one of those killer red tag deals on a new SS instead of my Camaro SS back when I got it....if it had the LT1 instead of the LS3, and/or slightly more aggressive or unique styling I'd really be kicking my own butt right now.
This is the cheapest SS I've found. Honestly tempting, but I know I won't drive this during the winter. And I'd be stuck with the same problem. I need a sporty 4 door that I just won't care about melting slowly over time with salt. Just trying to get the newest thing I can without spending a fortune because I know what cars look like after a few winters. :( My old winter beater has rusted apart. Luckily I work with a good company and they are letting me use the company truck till I get a vehicle figured out.

Any other suggestions are welcomed in my price range. Prefer something with all wheel drive.