View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #5238
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Fen whats the deal with the ATS? Are they really that bad or did the few people that had problems complain everywhere? I'm looking at buying a used Sedan in the 18,000$ range and the ATS was high on my list till I did some looking. Looks like I should stick with the 3.6L?(Which is what I wanted to begin with) I drove a 14 V6 yesterday and it seemed pretty nice. The price just seems pathetically low which is a win for me, but my Camaro is holding value better which surprises me... I'm looking at 14'-15' ATS's with only 20,000 miles on the odometer. Whoever bought these didn't drive them much.

I'd love to have a Chevy SS, but they haven't creeped down in price enough. And I need a vehicle now. :(
I know you asked Fen, so I hope you and he do not mind me taking a swing at this. What’s the deal with the ATS? Nothing. Some customers complain about the rear seat accommodation, but considering it is targeted to compete directly with BMW 3-Series, which also has its share of rear seat complaints....

What is happening with ATS is it is being replaced by an evolutionary product that will not carry the same name. To some of the press, particularly the broader press that is NOT car-centric, “Cadillac is dropping the ATS”. To those pressers who dig just a little deeper...”Cadillac is discontinuing the ATS that is built on the Alpha architecture. Its replacement will be a new vehicle, following the new Cadillac naming convention. This replacement is expected to be built off of the improved Alpha 2 architecture”
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote