View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackjunkie2020_1LE View Post
Anyone running the ZL1 addons plate holder with an additional front license plate cover? Just wanted to know if I'll be needing longer screws due to the additional thicknesses of the cover. I'm assuming the ones provided won't work with a cover.
Can anyone tell me the specs of the longer screws?
The screws provided with the ZL1 Addons plate were a very small diameter, and even with washers, were almost too small for the holes in Ontario plates. I ditched those right away. I installed M6 (or maybe it was M5?) threaded inserts (https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...it/A-p8514234e) in the ZL1A plate so I wouldn't have to fiddle around with trying to hold nuts in place from the rear while getting screws started from the front. I put a rubber vaccum cap on the threaded insert closest to the bumper so that if the bracket bent, the insert wouldn't leave a mark on the bumper. I then just figured out how long of a screw I would need. I don't recall off hand what I ended up using though. I can check.

I also replaced the included socket head allen bolt, used to attach the ZL1A plate to the post that goes in the tow hook hole, with a hex head bolt. This way I can use a wrench to get the plate on and off easily by reaching in behind with a ratcheting box wrench. Much easier than undoing all four bolts on the license plate to get an allen key through the hole in theZL1A plate to access the allen bolt.

Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote