View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #28
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Have an ss 1le a zl1 1le and a c7 z06 all with manual trans and I always hold the trac button down for 8-10 secs but i never have an issue taking off. Even on a hill if you let the clutch out slow enough they will take off without any throttle input at all. Sometimes thats not an option if there are impatient people behind you but its not an issue here.
A lot of times mine will stall out on a flat surface without throttle. My civic si takes off on a hill much easier than this car does on a flat surface and it has over 400hp less. It’s going to the dealer on Monday so I’ll see if they can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
SSallday:
  • I would give the Camaro ZL1 M6 (assuming same as LT/SS M6) a difficulty factor of 8/10 for a smooth launch.
  • Largest contributing factor - it's such a TALL 1st gear. When I try to creep in 1st gear in my apartment garage when I descend 5 floors, this thing wants to go 10 MPH in 1st gear. Most of my other cars - BMW 135i, Z4 3.0i, E93 M3 - had more normal 1st gear ratios and would easily creep at 5 MPH or less. Especially the M3 with an 8,400 RPM redline V8 had very short gearing. This makes launching MUCH EASIER.
  • Of course, there's the other factors - smooth, progressive clutch, any electronic nannies trying to lower emissions, dual mass flywheel, etc.
I think the electronics prevent smooth launching. This was never an issue in the 5th gen ZL1. GM already said that the car was tuned to protect the drivetrain. I guess they assumed everyone who has a ZL1 is going to launch it full speed at every single stop sign and street light lol
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote